Area Sales Manager-Hygienic Food & Beverage
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
State Employees' Credit Union
The role of the Area Sales Manager is to be an entrepreneur & consultant responsible for personal and customer growth and success in market development, territory management, generation of opportunities, new customer growth along with being the company s foremost authority on the applications & requirements for their specific segment.
Main tasks: (Other duties will be assigned as required)
* Responsible for sales growth and annual goals in Target Segments, using strategic planning to ensure sales and margin goals are reached
* Being the face of Burkert by being in front of customers
* Understanding applications per Hygienic segment
* Coordinate marketing efforts with the Marketing Coordinator and Field Segment Manager per segment which at minimum includes; product launches, trade shows, data sheets along with other sales and marketing activities and documentation
* Identify & qualify new opportunities within Hygienic segment
* Assemble, understand and roll out business plans that provide sales growth for the Hygienic segment
* Drive product & system specifications of Burkert Solutions at: OEMs, A&E firms, Integrators and Corporate level
* Have on-going pursuits and development of campaigns with the New Customer Development (NCD) department of activities for the Hygienic segments that could include but not be limited to; lead follow up & qualification, solutions and/or processes to pursue, applications that apply to the campaign and questions to be asked and pursued for each opportunity
* Trend data of the market in the designated territory such as current market size, market share and competitive positioning; maintain a current market strategy at all times
* Prepare proposals, presentations and lunch and learns of new products, applications & technology for meeting market demands
* Be able to fully utilize the following tools: Company specific CRM and SAP
* List target accounts to pursue for specification acceptance
* Provide weekly report on key targeted accounts and communicate that information in company CRM tool the opportunity, visit report, leads, prospects, KCP, account notes sections
* Insure that each month there is a 3:1 ratio of new opportunities to company sales goal effort in the project opportunities portion of the CRM for your market segment
*This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover and contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required by the employee. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Road Warrior-Applicant must be willing to travel.*
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or equivalent certified completed technical training courses
* 5+ years of sales and technical experience in the specific market required
* Strong customer focus and attention to detail
* Day-to-day work activities are prioritized appropriately within work routines
* Excellent oral, written and communication skills
* Able to work closely within a team and contribute individually
* Ability and motivation