Area Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
AREA SALES MANAGER
Our client is a privately held manufacturing industry leader who is seeking a dynamic Area Sales Manager to join their team. The Areas Sales Manager will develop and implement strategic sales initiatives for profitable expansion of their specific area to assure that sales targets and company objectives are met.
KEY PERFORMACE OBJECTIVES:
* Drive activities of Territory Sales Managers (TSMs) in a manner that increases brand awareness, product presence and revenue generation.
* On-going knowledge of the business climate in order to aggressively develop and implement sales strategies that promote sales, increase product awareness, generate and create product demand
* Develop annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives
* Coordinates with Marketing on activities that will lead to increase of brand awareness, increase of market share and achievement of sales objectives
* Proactively monitor sales data and results
* Disseminates information to the field ensuring all product knowledge, initiatives and trends are up-to-date
* Develop and nurture strong customer contacts and positive, proactive relationships with current and potential clients ensuring open streams of communication
* Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line
* Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product
* Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives
* Experience in a durable manufacturing organization is required
* Well organized, tactical and strategic thinker with strong relationship building capabilities as well as expertise in dealer development programs
* Strong leadership skills including the ability to navigate the complexities of contracts and sales of products
* Proficiency in contract negotiations and sales closure
* Prospector and farmer selling style with a special ability to develop strong, long-term relationships
* Base knowledge of various mechanical functions and processes of industrial equipment
* Must have strong analytic skills and the ability to think strategically
* Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously