Area Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONA career at Rain Bird offers a challenging and very rewarding opportunity for self-motivated, results minded individuals looking for a unique and exciting position with a well-established company. Our employees enjoy a company culture that fosters teamwork as well as individual initiative and rewards success with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package in addition to other unique benefits.
Rain Bird Corporation is one of the leading irrigation manufacturers in the world. A privately held company founded in 1933, we have over 4, product offerings, and have been awarded over 130 patents. Rain Bird is committed to the Intelligent Use of Water(tm), as it is our legacy to design and manufacture only those products of the highest value and quality
* Grow sales faster than the market growth rate and achieve sales objectives.
* Analyze and dissect the market as it relates to market share, penetration, and growth opportunities and develop a strategic plan to accomplish corporate objectives.
* Capability to become a leader demonstrated by results and successful accomplishment in the account manager role leading to the potential for succeeding into a direct management role.
* Develop and maintain a project database and secure Rain Bird installations at strategic, high profile sites.
* Successfully develop and execute sales and promotional efforts with the Distributor Manager, Contractor Account Managers, Area Specification Managers and key distributors to grow Rain Bird sales with top professional irrigation contractors.
* Successfully develop and execute unique, impactful, and targeted programs to capture incremental sales.
* Educate and influence the irrigation contractor on the value of Rain Bird's turf products, their application and key benefits to drive product preference.
* Participation and development of strategiccontractor events, tradeshows, and regional events.
* Differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility, and aggressive call coverage cycle.
* Assist the Regional Manager and Product Managers in determining market needs.
* This position requires approximately 30-40% overnight travel.
* B.A. or B.S. Degree.
* Sales management experience.
* 5+ years of salesexperience and a proven ability to sell.
* Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
* Motivated, results oriented, self-starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
* Driven, solutions oriented individual with desire to lead a team and grow aggressively with the Rain Bird organization.
* Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
* Irrigation design and experience.
* MBA or graduatedegree.
* Bilingual in Spanish.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.