Area Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
BIC Recruiting (Agency)
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW: America's premier manufacturer of pipe products for the waterworks industry.
POSITION TITLE: Area Sales Manager
COMPENSATION: $70K - $80K base salary + commission + bonus + vehicle allowance
BENEFITS: Full benefits package
LOCATION: South Area- Nashville, TN, Travel 75+% in the territory
SUMMARY: The Area Manager is an outside sales position that performs field promotional work to sell, promote, market, and develop new business. Each Area Manager is assigned a sales territory (South) and is expected to grow sales and foster new and established relationships within that territory. Specifically, the territory for the role is Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee. Ideal locations for someone to reside would be in a major metro area, with a local airport, such as Nashville. This requires extensive travel, organizational skills, and self-motivation.
DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Extensively travel the assigned territory to build relationships with existing and new customers, including engineers, municipalities, and distributors.
2. Continually look for opportunities to promote, market, and develop products with distributors, municipalities, contractors, and engineers.
3. Perform product presentations and demonstrations for large and small groups of distributors, municipalities, contractors, and engineers to secure product approvals.
4. Attend sales conventions in territory (and nationally as required); set-up displays and present products.
5. Travel with distributor salespersons and promote products.
6. Analyze sales information and develop sales projections.
7. Submit weekly expense reports and maintain a current call report log and calendar.
8. Interact as needed with inside sales/customer service, quotations, and engineering regarding customers, sales orders, and returns.
9. Perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform product demonstrations which may require heavy lifting and operation of tools and hydraulic motors.
2. Maintain a clean and reliable vehicle, provided by the company.
3. Maintain a good Department of Motor Vehicle driving record.
4. Store and protect sample materials.
5. Safely drive and maneuver a trailer.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
2. 5+ years of experience in sales
3. Knowledge of water works industry and/or products
4. Strong oral and written communication skills; courteous and articulate, ability to communicate with people in English
5. Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other sales-related software
6. Strong organizational skills, highly self-motivated, and can work independently towards defined goals
7. Ability to work with all types of people, building relationships with existing and new customers, including engineers, municipalities, and distributors
8. Ability to set and work within budget
9. Professional attitude with supervisor, customers, and co-workers
10. Good Department of Motor Vehicle driving record
11. Ability to travel extensively, including some weekends and holidays 75%+
12. Must reside within the assigned sales territory-Central/Midwest US Region - Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma near an airport is most ideal candidate
***PLEASE NOTE: We try to respond to everyone who applies for our jobs, but in periods of high activity it may not be possible. We hope we can personally help you find your new job and wish you success in your job search. For more information please email Kristine Forrester at firstname.lastname@example.org.