Area Vice President, Financial Services 9/14/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
The AVP Commercial Sales will be responsible for setting and executing Salesforce's commercial sales strategy for the Financial Services vertical in the Northeast region. This executive will assume leadership of a growing sales organization of 30+, including first line managers, to help drive deal transactions.
* Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy to generate 25%+ annual growth in revenue and bookings for the region
* Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company's customer base
* Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
* Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
* Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
-2nd or 3rd line leadership experience leading teams in commercial sales in the Northeast region of the US
-Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing enterprise sales organization
-Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
-10+ years in software and/or applications sales(ideally in a CRM, ERP and/or B2B SW company), selling primarily to the CxO level
- Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers
- C--suite level resources, aligned with regional executives, AEs, and internal leadership teams to present a single front internally and help represent a single vision for our customers
- Proven success working within a highly matrixed organization and establishing strong relationships across all functions
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
- Experience selling cloud based enterprise applications is strongly preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.