Armament/EPASS Acquisition Program Engineer (A23) 8/17/2016
Eglin Afb, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: #3606
Title: Armament/EPASS Acquisition Program Engineer (A23)
Date Posted: 08/16/2016
Job Location: Eglin AFB Florida
REQUISITION FOR ACQUISITION PROGRAM ENGINEER (SENIOR)
JOB CODE: #A23
TITLE: Acquisition Program Engineer/EBA (Senior)
DATE POSTED: 08/16/16
JOB LOCATION: Fort Walton Beach, Eglin AFB Florida
Provide acquisition program engineering and support to the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center/ Armament Directorate /Air Dominance Division at Eglin AFB, FL. This position is located in AFLCMC/EBA, Air Dominance Division which consists of the Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM), development, production, and sustainment, both US and Foreign Military Sales, HARM Targeting System (HTS), and AIM-9X (Navy led). Their mission is to develop Air Dominance capabilities that provide unstoppable Air Superiority.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Design, development, production, operation, and sustainment of Armament Systems located at Eglin AFB, FL. Execute tasks throughout the acquisition life cycle from requirements analysis through disposal of a system. Performance at Eglin AFB, FL will primarily focus on concept through fielding of the system with some support to operation, maintenance and sustainment. In parallel, performance will include support to the missions of international armaments cooperation and foreign military sales, which may be integral to development, production, fielding, and sustainment of certain systems. The Contractor shall provide experienced engineering and technical resources with armament domain experience to support the required tasks.
* Armament Systems to be supported include (but are not limited to) air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles, guided and unguided bombs, cluster bomb units, nuclear payload guidance and control, directed energy systems, warheads, fuzes, seekers/sensors, ammunition, bomb racks, pylons, aerial targets, airborne test and air combat training and integrated instrumentation systems, radars, threat generators and simulators, Munitions Material Handling Equipment (MMHE), containers, and air base operability equipment.
SUB_TASK RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Requirements definition and analysis, architecture design, implementation, integration, verification and validation, transition, decision analysis, technical planning, technical assessment, requirements management, risk management, configuration management, technical data management, and interface management. The knowledge and experience shall include the ability to plan and execute the technical reviews and assessments (e.g., System Requirements Review, Technology Readiness Assessment) and documentation development (e.g., Systems Engineering Plan, Risk Management Plan) that are an inherent part of the activities and processes listed above. Shall include the use of requirements management tools (e.g., DOORS).
The primary focus will be systems engineering support for program development efforts, obsolescence hardware component qualification, and flight test planning, coordination, documentation and support.
* Current (updated within five years) Secret clearance, and have the ability upgrade to/and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
* MS degree and at least 15 years of related experience or PhD with 5 years related experience
* Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written
* Must be able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team
WORKING LOCATION & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Fort Walton Beach, Eglin AFB, FL
* Temporary travel required
* Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
* Ability to work flexible and varied hours
* All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability