Armament/EPASS Acquisition Program Engineer ,SR (B56)* 9/16/2016
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: #3647
Title: Armament/EPASS Acquisition Program Engineer ,SR (B56)*
Date Posted: 09/07/2016
Job Location: Oklahoma City Oklahoma
REQUISITION FOR ACQUISITION PROGRAM ENGINEER (SENIOR)
JOB CODE: #B56
TITLE: Acquisition Program Engineer (Senior)
DATE POSTED: 09/07/2016
JOB LOCATION: Oklahoma City, OK Tinker AFB
Provide acquisition program engineering and support to the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Strategic Systems Division at Eglin AFB, FL.
This position is located in AFLCMC/EBB/NDB, Strategic Systems Division which consists of the Long Range Standoff Weapon (LRSO) nuclear cruise missile just being technology development and B-61 Tail Kit Assembly (TKA) Nuclear Weapon Life Extension Program which is in Engineering & Manufacturing Development. Their mission is to delivery highly reliable, operationally effective and suitable nuclear capable systems or subsystems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Design, development, production, operation, and sustainment of Armament Systems. Execute tasks throughout the acquisition life cycle from requirements analysis through disposal of a system. Performance will primarily focus on concept through fielding of the system with some support to operation, maintenance and sustainment. In parallel, performance will include support to the missions of international armaments cooperation and foreign military sales, which may be integral to development, production, fielding, and sustainment of certain systems. The Contractor shall provide experienced engineering and technical resources with armament domain experience to support the required tasks.
* Armament Systems to be supported include (but are not limited to) air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles, guided and unguided bombs, cluster bomb units, nuclear payload guidance and control, directed energy systems, warheads, fuzes, seekers/sensors, ammunition, bomb racks, pylons, aerial targets, airborne test and air combat training and integrated instrumentation systems, radars, threat generators and simulators, Munitions Material Handling Equipment (MMHE), containers, and air base operability equipment.
SUB_TASK RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Integration of weapons and carriage systems into the aircraft and/or airborne platform Operational Flight Programs (OFPs).
* Management of the development, update, and assessment of proposed changes to mission planning systems such as the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) to support the activities necessary to accomplish mission planning for weapon systems.
* Aircraft integration activities such as Interface Control Working Groups (ICWG), interface management groups, aircraft integration meetings, and aircraft Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) test activities to ensure an operator s perspective of aircraft integration and employment are successfully accomplished for weapon and carriage systems.
* Airworthiness certification activities, to include: participation in testing, flight clearance, safe separation and jettison testing, development of documentation to support airworthiness certification by USAF, Department of the Navy (DoN) and platform certification agencies.
* Evaluating and defining system and subsystem interfaces. These interfaces include but are not limited to aircraft interfaces, ground subsystem interfaces, and interfaces associated with participant interoperability within the network (characteristics of which include radio frequency (RF), link margin, RF bandwidth and baseband modulation).
* Current Top Secret security clearance
* MS degree and at least 15 years of related experience or PhD with 5 years related experience
* Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written
* Must be able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team
WORKING LOCATION & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
* Temporary travel required
* Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
* Ability to work flexible and varied hours
* All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability