Artificial Intelligence (AI/ML) - Specialist SW Engineer- Hitachi Insight Group
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
We are working on products that will touch the lives of everyone. Are you ready to join our Hitachi Insight Group team and work on something that will profoundly change the way that we live in cities, run our manufacturing plants, operate and maintain motor vehicles, power our world, and generally improve every facet of day to day life?
You will get to work in a fast-paced, collaborative development environment architecting, designing, developing and testing a cutting-edge cloud solution. In order to have the broadest impact, you will engage with Product Owners, Technology Architects, QA and Automation team members on cross-functional activities.
Sounds cool right?? You have an opportunity to join our newly created Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning Team in Waltham, MA
As a Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for architecting, designing, & implementing our IoT (Internet of Things) Products. The Engineering team utilizes a highly collaborative development model that requires deep involvement from start to finish of each project.
WE HAVE MULTIPLE LEVELS AND ROLES AVAILABLE. THIS INCLUDE RECENT MS GRADS IN AI/ML
We look for:
* Experience developing cutting-edge solutions
* A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions
* Advanced problem solving skills
* Ability to work seamlessly across multiple programming languages
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS in AI/ML
* 1 to 10 years of hands-on contribution in Software Engineering or related field
* Experience in designing solutions from scratch
* Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented development and design principles
* Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
5 years of progressive and related software development work experience.
* Coding experience in Python, C or C
* Experience on a clustered NAS product or enterprise storage solution
* Strong Linux/Unix background
* Knowledge of storage/network protocols and connectivity.
* Knowledge of network file systems, disk-based file systems and/or file virtualization technologies.
* Understands when to use black box, white box and grey box test approaches
* Able to participate meaningfully in technical deep-dives into module designs and product architectures.
Not required but a strong plus:
* Understanding / Experience with competitive storage related products
* Usability design/ test experience
* Working knowledge of NFS and associated environments highly desired
* Unix /Linux system administration skills
* Hand on experience using many software engineering tools: Source code management, branching tools, code complexity analyzers, code coverage products, static and dynamic code analysis, memory mapping/tracing tools and capturing tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.