Asphalt Plant Operations Manager 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION OVERVIEW
To operate the plant efficiently and effectively to maximize production while at all times maintaining a safe work environment. Develop teamwork and foster team spirit within the production and delivery departments. MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN COLD WEATHER ENVIRONMENTS
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS)
* Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
* Properly follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
* Report any problems to the Plant Foreman, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
* Responsible for ensuring daily maintenance of plant is completed.
* Responsible for keeping plant clean.
* Report all major maintenance problems to Plant Foreman.
* Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of the plant to further their abilities.
* Perform general laboring duties when necessary.
* Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
* Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Minimum of a high school diploma.
* Five years of related experience preferred.
* Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (steel toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
* Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
* Able to operate front end loader and skid loader.
* Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
* Ability to effectively direct others in the workplace.
* Basic knowledge of Excel and Word helpful.
* Basic knowledge in electricity and mechanics and Asphalt plants.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
* May require standing for extended periods of time.
* Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Able to climb ladders or stairs and to work at heights.
* Able to work in tight quarters.
* Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
* Able to work in all weather conditions.
* Able to work extended hours if needed.
* While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
* The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Operations: 5years