Assembler/Deburring Operator-1st Shift 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
* Sets up and controls operation of computerized deburring and tooling machine to perform series of machining operations, such as drilling, chamfering, and deburring, on ball-shaped plastic, Helicalcoil installation tools, rivet guns and bushing presses.
* Reads blueprints, job order, and tooling instructions to determine cutting tools, assembly tools and sequence of operations (GD&T).
* Positions and secures deburring and cutting tools onto holding fixtures on machine, using hand tools.
* Adjusts and changes rivet guns, nut drivers, etc. to ensure deburring and assembly meets company specifications.
* Repairs or replaces parts, such as cylinders and air lines, using hand tools.
* Inspects machined type elements at discharge end of machine to ensure conformance to quality specifications, using micrometers, calipers and comparators.
* Notifies engineering personnel when corrective action is required.
* Maintains stock of machined parts and tools.
Use hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.)
Have visual acuity to check part to print and to recognize issues outlined in the visual master.
Have manual dexterity to use a tap or install a Helicalcoil without damage.
Follow step-by-step directions and engineering guidance.
Use a computer to stage material and fill out spreadsheet forms.
Follow strict safety procedures (lifting, liquid nitrogen) and have vigilant FOD awareness.
Work with hands for entire shift - bending, reaching, lifting, twisting, pushing and pulling.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Required GANE Core Competencies & Behaviors:
* Business Understanding
* Quality Advocate
Required Specific Competencies & Skills:
* Quality & Safety
* Job Knowledge
Required Minimum Education/Availability:
* High School Diploma.
Required Minimum Experience:
* 2+ years experience in deburring and assembly.
* Knowledge in deburring close tolerances, aerospace parts.
* Must have a good feel for tapping and installing HeliCoils
Able to lift 5-25 lbs regularly.
Ability to stand 8-10 hrs/day.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
GKN Aerospace Newington, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)