This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ASSEMBLER I
Follows prescribed procedures in assembling downhole oil field perforating equipment and/or components under close supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Builds pre-assemblies.
* Assembles finished goods.
* Operates material handling equipment; may operate forklift or hoist.
* Utilizes pipe vises, pipe and strap wrenches and various hand tools.
* Maintains general housekeeping.
* Follow all shop safety standards.
* Follow all company Quality Control Procedures.
* Complete required paperwork.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school education or equivalent required. Basic mechanical knowledge and skills. Willingness and ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Able to work with people - Team Player. Safely operate material handling equipment.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Typical machine shop environment including exposure to sharp edges, pinch points, powered rotating equipment, dust, fumes, chemicals and noise.