This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Universal Forest Products
* Minimum 9th grade completed.
* Minimum 6 months of experience assembling components or specialty products is required; 1 year of experience or more is preferred.
* Working knowledge of basic math.
Skills and abilities
* Ability to work in a safe manner
* Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
* Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
* Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools
* Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
* Ability to pay attention to surroundings
* Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
* Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
* Ability to read a tape measure
* Ability to troubleshoot nail gun machines and other similar hand held equipment.
* Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
* Ability to work under immediate supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Open to change and positive attitude
* Committed to plant and company goals
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Punctual and reliable
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Position will require bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting/carrying over 25 lbs, pushing/pulling, twisting, standing and walking.
* Secures and maintains correct component parts and supplies required on the operation (plates, nails, staples, fasteners, etc.).
* Completes work area set up.
* Fits parts together in accordance with prescribed manner and in accordance with quality standards.
* Operates presses and machinery in addition to hand tools as required to complete assembly process.
* Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finish product.
* Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
* Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
* Provides basic TPM to equipment and completes TPM paperwork when required.
* Maintains production records as required.
* Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
* Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
* Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled