This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Performs a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical production assembly and subassembly operations of a semiskilled nature to build and assemble complex units such as power supplies, printed circuit boards, modules, chassis drawers, cable harnesses, and electronic and mechanical systems and assemblies.
* assembly operations may include wiring, component installations, and hand soldering
* disassembles, modifies, reworks, refurbishes, reassembles, tests units and corrects malfunctions as required
* performs drilling, reaming, burnishing, and tapping
* reads and interprets complex engineering drawings and reworks parts to incorporate engineering changes
* assembles and installs various electrical or electronic components where operation and sequence are specified by schematics, blue prints, wire lists, diagrams, verbal instructions, or established operations practices
* uses a wide variety of specialized hand tools such as solder irons, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers
* may set up and operate automatic and semiautomatic assembly equipment; ability to set up fixtures, operate assembly equipment
* if mechanical, may perform mechanical assembly of a medium complexity item; perform mechanical troubleshooting or adjustments to meet mechanical performance specifications or tolerances; may balance rotating machinery
* may perform soldering rework of either SMT or thru-hole
* may train other assemblers
* as a skilled assembler, completes tasks in effective ways. Works with minimum supervision; recommends process or product improvements
* ability to follow written and verbal instructions is required
* High school or equivalent plus 5 years or more of related experience.