Assembler & Tester A LG 14
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
North Hollywood, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
To gage, finish and fit parts, assemble and test all types of pre-production and first production electro-mechanical units and systems.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Assemble all types of units and components for buildup of pre-production models and for the initial production of new products.
* Works closely with production engineering personnel and suggests changes when units cannot be assembled as designed or when changes would simplify fabrication and assembly.
* Improvises makes or works with new tooling in fitting, assembling and testing pre-production and first production units.
* Works new production units to point where sufficient information is gathered as to operation sequence and final tooling requirements so that work may be delegated to production personnel.
* Does functional testing of pre-production electrical-mechanical and /or electro-mechanical units and systems following engineering functional test requirements.
* Performs such work as hand machining, lapping, gaging, and fitting of parts such as pins, shafts, bearings, gears, cylinders, valve seat, sleeves etc.
High level of accuracy.
Able to work with some supervision.
Customer service driven.
Able to manage multiple tasks.
Professional conduct at all times.
High school diploma or GED,
Or vocational training,
Or mechanical aptitude,
Or any combination of the above.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and interpret all types of engineering drawings. To work from complete design information. Work to precise tolerances. To read and interpret functional test requirements. To use shop mathematics. To know electrical color code and read complex blueprints. Thorough knowledge of components and parts of typical assemblies produced. Knowledge of wire stock and sizes. Skill in use of mechanical and electrical hand tools. Ability to use usual electronic test and checkout equipment. To read precision mechanical measuring devices.
TYPICAL MATERIALS, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
MATERIALS WORKED ON: FABRICATED AND PARTIALLY FABRICATED PARTS OF FERROUS AND NON-FERROUS MATERIALS, NON METALLIC MATERIALS.
MATERIALS WORKED WITH: HONING AND LAPPING COMPOUNDS, SILICONE OILS, ACCESSORIES, COUNTER AND COMPUTER COMPONENTS.
TOOLS USED: MECHANICS' AND MACHINISTS' HAND TOOLS, SOLDERING IRON, PRECISION MEASURING DEVICES, INCLUDING PRESSURE GAGES.
EQUIPMENT USED: ELECTRICAL METERS AND TEST INSTRUMENTS, VICES, JIGS AND FIXTURES, BENCH EQUIPMENT, MICRO GRINDERS, LAPPING MACHINES.
General safety and shop safety.
Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Regularly required to stand, bend, sit, reach and move about the facility.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Work usually performed in a factory setting.
Occasional exposure to shop element such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, solvents.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.