This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Turtle Lake, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Purpose:
The Press Operator is responsible for removing injection molded plastic parts from molding machines. The operator then does work on those parts following various written and verbal instructions.
Standing or sitting at a molding press:
1. Remove the molded plastic parts from injection molding machines.
2. Trim part from runner using a gate trimming side cutter.
3. Trim flash from part if needed.
4. Clean parts as needed.
5. Visually and mechanically inspect part using written and verbal instructions
6. Do further operations on the parts as needed. This may be fixturing, assembly, machining to size, staging parts in a cooling rack, sanding, sonic welding, hot stamping, weigh count,etc.
7. Pack parts in containers following written or verbal instructions.
8. Stack full containers in a designated area.
9. Place runners and reject parts in material grinder, then begin the grinding operation.
10. Sort runners from parts on automatic running presses.
11. Record reject parts at the molding machine.
12. Complete labor card, listing good parts, scrap parts and time for each job.
1. Clean around work station at the end of the shift.
2. Work in other departments as needed.
3. Rework QA rejected parts.
4. Unpack and inspect Customer rejected parts.
5. Spray mold release into mold.
Standing: Max. 95% Min. 50%
Sitting: Max. 95% Min. 50%
Walking: Max. 75% Min. 30%
Grasping: Bi-manual dexterity.
Vision: Continuously inspect parts for visual and color defects.
Environment: Some noise levels above 85db. Hearing protection required in posted areas.
Lifting: Individual parts: Max. 10.5 lbs
Containers of parts:Max. 24 lbs(unassisted)
Maximum lifting distance is from floor to shoulder height.
Twisting: Occasionally up to 90 degrees.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.