Assembly Tech Operator (Night Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Bel
Bel (www.belfuse.com), headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, founded in 1949, designs, manufacturers and markets an array of products that power, protect and connect. These products are primarily used in the networking, telecommunications, broadcasting, computing, military, aerospace and transportation markets. The company has three major product groups Connectivity Solutions, Magnetic Solutions and Power Solutions and Protection. In addition to organic growth, Bel has completed numerous acquisitions with the most recent being Power One Inc.'s Power Solutions business from ABB Ltd., and Emerson's Network Power Connectivity Solution business in 2014, and TE Connectivity's Transpower business in 2013.
Cinch Connectivity Solutions Overview
Cinch Connectivity Solutions is a vertically integrated supplier of custom solutions, fixed length and semi rigid cable assemblies from DC to 50 GHz. Our product lines deliver custom-engineered products and solutions to satisfy the most demanding and complex requirements. Cinch Connectivity's products support wireless communications, data networking, test and measurement, telecommunications, broadcast, medical, military, aerospace and industrial applications. Combined with the strength of our parent company, Cinch Connectivity Solutions aims to provide an unparalleled offering to the vast array of industries it serves.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
TECHNICAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1 Assembles fabricated components at Production floor work stations.
2 Tests and calibrates components and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications.
3 Uses hand tools and power tools to assemble product according to product specifications
4 May work with fairly close tolerances on intricate small assemblies.
5 Identifies product that fail tests or tolerance levels and may repair as necessary.
6 Assist Engineering with special projects and/or new product/process implementation.
7 Observe established safe working and housekeeping procedures. Promptly correct and/or notify Manager of hazardous situations.
8 Participate in and take proactive roles in ISO and Lean Manufacturing methodologies for problem prevention, corrective action, identification and solution verification.
9 Optically test assembled units for functionality.
10 Perform changeover of tools, fixtures, and test set-ups.
11 Responsible for work in process and movement of material required to meet production schedule.
AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1 Provide high quality, on-time products to meet customer requirements.
2 Reports to Manufacturing Supervisor. Has contact with internal and external customers and co-workers.
3 Operates a variety of equipment to assemble products. Produces products to conform to engineering drawings assembly documentation and quality required. Performs minor set-ups/adjustments.
4 Regular and predictable attendance is presumed to be an essential function of all employment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associates Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Requires 2-5 years of experience in the field or related area.
* Previous fiber optic assembly experience preferred.
* May be required to complete formal training in area of specialty.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities AND Attributes (KSAAs)
* Ability to satisfactorily complete & implement all OJT and required trainings.
* Demonstrates basic skills in using common hand tools and gauges
* Demonstrates a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures
* Ability to learn and use basic statistical concepts
* Ability to interpret and understand engineering drawings and assembly documentation
* Ability to determine if parts and assemblies meet quality standards
* Mechanical ability/manual dexterity/fine motor skills
* Ability to work under microscopes.
* Ability to achieve desired level of quality and output.
* Ability to communicate effectively & appropriately orally, in writing or electronically.
* Ability to communicate work goals, progress and changes as required.
* Ability to apply interpersonal skills (empathy, negotiation, rapport, sensitivity), to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to demonstrate character, integrity, honesty, ethical behaviors and industriousness.
* Ability to effectively participate in teams and projects and contribute to unit cohesiveness and productivity.
ANALYTICAL, BUSINESS, AND TECHNICAL
* Ability to apply job knowledge & skills to improve productivity, quality & timeliness, & to solve problems, using good judgment.
* Ability to perform intermediate mathematical functions.
* Ability to use computer programs and perform transactions in company database.
* Ability to implement new technologies or methods as needed.
* Relies on training, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Ability to understand & implement ISO & Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
Bel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bel is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.