This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Interstate Battery System of America
If you've been looking for an Outrageously Dependable company where character counts, then you're home. Interstate Batteries, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, built its reputation on a great automotive battery, but look how much we've grown over the past 60 years! We now offer thousands of portable power solutions and accessories throughout North America, Australia, the Caribbean and Latin America. Take charge of your future and see if you have what it takes to be one of our 1,700 specially selected Team Members.
* This individual will assemble small parts and battery packs for customer orders. Come and join us in a fast paced and fun filled environment, that offers great flexibility in hours, and optional overtime.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL DO:
* Spot welding, gluing, soldering and assembly of small parts and battery packs
* Heat-shrinks and tests small parts and battery packs
* Assists in multiple areas of the Supply Chain if needed
* Assists Team Lead with department reporting if needed
* Provides backup support to other Team Members as needed
* WHAT THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
* High school graduate OR GED
* Small parts assembly experience; technical battery knowledge a plus
* Excellent interpersonal and Team skills
* Excellent prioritizing and organizational skills
* Attention to detail and quality a must
* Flexible, team player and positive attitude
* Position requires excellent attendance
* Working knowledge of personal computer
Assembly Room Environment:
* Personal computer data entry and information retrieval
* The ability to lift 35 - 50 lbs.
* Able to walk , stand and sit for prolonged periods
* Interacts with Merchandising Support, Sales, Warehouse/Receiving, QA and Packaging