Assembly or Powdercoat Paint Team Member
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Each member of the Landscape Forms team is expected to actively support the four Scanlon principles and the OnTrac criteria. We believe these are crucial to the success of an individual and the overall success of the company.
This position has the responsibility to be proficient at a variety of skills that lead to the successful operation of a team in a cell environment. In order to meet safety, quality, production, cost, and continual improvement objectives each member must be cross-trained and able to toggle between the various areas that include Packager/Assembler, Painter, or Product Leader.
Principal Responsibilities, (Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the principal accountabilities.
1. Operate within facility safety guidelines.
2. Knowledge of product codes and descriptions.
3. Ability to complete work orders and build sheets, which includes assembly and packaging of product
4. Prepare daily priorities in preparation for production.
5. Maintain inventory control of materials using the Kan Ban system.
6. Set up and maintain equipment.
7. Recognize and prep critical areas to meet established metal prep standards.
8. Facilitate smooth and continuous flow of product to paint line.
9. Apply powdercoat within documented specifications.
10. Make and implement suggestions to continuously improve products and processes.
Education, Experience, and Skills
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent skill level, training or experience in related field. Must be able to prepare and comprehend common forms such as build sheets and work orders.
Mathematical and Reasoning
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in common units of measure. Must have the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and deal with problems involving concrete variables.
Ability to read, comprehend, and write basic instructions. Ability to give clear instruction on procedures and policies.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. stand up to 10 hours, and bend and twist 80% of the time. The work environment may be noisy and hot.