Assembly 1st Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
South Bend, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title: Koontz-Wagner Custom Controls PH Assembler Exempt Status: Non-exempt
Summary: This position is responsible for working as part of a team assembling sheet metal control house buildings using a variety of hand and power tools. It requires knowledge of the whole assembly process to enable each team member to rotate through all or most tasks rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis.
* Rotate through all the tasks required including; screwing panels together, installing insulation, using power tools such as drills, grinders and plasma cutting equipment, etc.
* Operate heavy equipment such as forklifts and overhead cranes.
* Determine project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
* Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, squares, and measuring tapes.
* Fasten seams and joints together with bolts, rivets, caulks, and metal drive clips to assemble components into product.
* Drill holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
* Assemble and fit prefabricated parts to form subassemblies.
* Sweep and organize work areas.
* Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
* Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of sheet metal structures.
* Ability to interpret blue prints and drawings.
* Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions and using a tape measure.
* Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
* Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
* Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
* Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
* Being reliable, responsible and dependable
* Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
* Ability to work in a manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as stooping, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
* Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry product, equipment and tools up to 70 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 100 pounds several times per shift
* Must be able to work from ladders or elevated work surfaces.
Education, Training & Certification: High school graduate or GED
Experience: Must have experience in a manufacturing or construction environment, preferably using hand and power tools.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Global Power and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.