Assessment Specialist PRN RN 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00005-16441
RN ASSESSMENT SPECIALIST NEEDED FOR RESPOND ASSESSMENT AND REFERRAL CENTER
RESPOND our free, 24-hour crisis line for assistance, assessment and referrals
PRN Hours are nights shifts 8 or 12 hour shifts
Night or weekend work required
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
* *Collects data from the patient and other appropriate resources in a systematic manner that is accessible, communicable, and recorded in a clear, legible fashion.
* *Registered Nurse who is designated as Qualified Medical Persons performs patient Medical Screen Examination prior to completion of the initial psychiatric intake assessment.
* Registered Nurse ensures that patient Medical Screen Examination is performed by a Qualified Medical Professional prior to completion of the initial psychiatric intake assessment.
* *Ensures admission and hospital criteria are met.
* * Participates in providing a therapeutic milieu.
* *Ensures confidentiality, privacy, and safety for patients.
* *Demonstrates knowledge of ECO/TDO according to the Virginia State Code.
* *Follows established procedures performing job functions. Follows appropriate safety guidelines.
* *Works as a member of a team to problem solve and deliver quality care to patients.
* *Attends all in-services and education requirements; completes departmental Competency Based Orientation and Competency Based Evaluation requirements.
LICENSURE / CREDENTIALS:
* Registered Nurse License issued by the Department of Health Professions, Commonwealth of Virginia OR
* Authorization to Practice as a Registered Nurse Applicant in Virginia issued by the Virginia Board of Nursing, Commonwealth of Virginia
* Registered Nurse with multi-state privilege" granted to them by virtue of their holding a license in one of the states participating with Virginia in the Nurse Licensure Compact.
* BLS Certification
* CPI Certification (or obtained within 60 days if hire)
Experience in Telehealth preferred
Last Edited: 09/09/2016