Assessment and Referral Specialist 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
The Assessment and Referral Specialist performs comprehensive psychiatric and chemical dependency evaluations for patients at Saint Joseph Hospital. Thoroughly completes an Behavioral Health Assessment, obtains collateral information when necessary, and develops diagnoses, risk assessment, and treatment plan recommendations. Provides appropriate recommendations for outpatient treatment or admission to inpatient services. Works closely with the patient, BH team, EWP physicians, and EWP inpatient units in planning and organizing admissions. Ensures/coordinates the business management of providing patient care services, including verifying patient demographics, identifying ability to pay for services, verifying insurance benefits, and pre-certifying services. Is knowledgeable of and adheres to EHC policies and procedures and all pertinent state and federal regulatory standards (e.g. JCAHO, HCFA, EMTALA, ADAD, HIPAA). .
* Masters level or equivalent in nursing, social work, psychology, counseling, or other human services field, with 3 years experience in psychiatric and chemical dependency assessments
* Current professional license to practice in Colorado, as a PsyD, PhD, EdPsy, RN, LAC, LMFT, LPC, or LCSW
SCL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.