Asset Management/Acquisitions Analyst-Newton, MA (2042)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
The RMR Group LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONWorker Category :
The Asset Management/Acquisitions Analyst is part of the Asset Management team, and is responsible for assisting the Asset Management and Acquisition/Disposition teams in the analysis required to oversee a large portfolio of commercial, office, industrial, MOB and lab properties.
* Work with Portfolio and Asset Managers on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables.
* Work with the Acquisition/Disposition team on underwriting analysis and reporting.
* Extrapolate data from existing systems to create and maintain reports and spreadsheets. Work with the Accounting department to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of data needed.
* Work with Portfolio and Asset Managers to analyze and summarize variance reports and quarterly reforecasts and report significant permanent variances to team.
* Work with Asset Managers on development and updating for Asset Business Plans.
* Participate and assist in Annual Budget/Reforecast reviews.
* Assist in the development and quarterly review/update of Strategic Asset Plans.
* Work with Portfolio and Asset Managers to prepare models for quarterly valuations.
* Work with Portfolio and Asset Managers on complex lease analysis.
* Gather quarterly market information for various reports.
* Assist in the preparation of reports for the company s Board of Trustees.
* Complete special ad hoc projects and analysis as required.
* Bachelor s degree; minimum 3.0 GPA
* 3+ years experience in commercial real estate.
* Strong financial/analytical skills.
* Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills required along with the ability to multi-task and bring individual issues to timely closure.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, team centered and results-driven environment.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Excel and other Windows applications.
The RMR Group Inc. (NASDAQ: RMR) is an alternative asset management company that was founded in 1986 to invest in real estate and manage real estate related businesses. RMR s business primarily consists of providing management services to four publicly owned real estate investment trusts, or REITs, and three real estate operating companies. As of March 31, 2016, RMR had $22.0 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,300 properties.
The RMR Group manages Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a publicly traded REIT that owns hotels and travel centers, Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a publicly traded REIT that primarily owns healthcare, senior living and medical office buildings, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV), a publicly traded REIT that primarily owns office properties majority leased to the U.S. government and state governments, and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a publicly traded REIT that is focused on owning and investing in net leased, single tenant properties. RMR also provides management services to Five Star Quality Care, Inc., a publicly traded senior living and healthcare services company which is a tenant of SNH and manages certain of SNH s senior living communities, to TravelCenters of America LLC, a publicly traded operator of travel centers and convenience stores, which is a tenant of HPT, and to Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, which is one of HPT's hotel managers. Another subsidiary of RMR, RMR Advisors LLC, is an SEC registered investment advisor that is the investment manager of a publicly traded mutual fund which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED BY LAW.
EXTERNAL POSTING FOR