Asset Protection Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
Mattel/Facilities, Security & Other
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We re looking for a dynamic individual as a Part-Time Asset Protection Associate, who is committed to maintaining a safe environment for American Girl customers and employees, as well as, safeguarding company assets. The individual we seek is able to multi-task, has outstanding communication skills, and exhibits a high level of compassion and understanding while maintaining a professional detachment.
* Maintain safe environment for American Girl customers/guests and store employees by monitoring/correcting safety concerns and controlling/guiding customer traffic when needed.
* Provide external and internal customer service in a positive, friendly and professional business manner and the skill set to diffuse escalated situations.
* Prevent the loss of company assets through surveillance, conducting employee package checks and trash checks and is knowledgeable of civil and criminal laws pertaining to retail security.
* Serve as a safety mentor for store employees; lead by example.
Experience, Education & Skills
* High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
* One to two years of loss prevention, law enforcement, criminal justice, military or security experience, preferred.
* State specific license, if applicable.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Software programs, preferred.
* Demonstrated ability working with a broad and diverse work force and customer base, including working with children, preferred.
* Must be available to work evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT), the world's leading toy company. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through age-appropriate, high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include My American Girl , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , and its classic historical characters. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer