This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHill-Rom is a $2.6B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.Description JOB SUMMARY:
Provide excellent customerservice while conducting contracted services in conjunction with both AssetAdvantage contracted activities, as well as ensuring product readiness for patientutilization for a wide range of Hill-Rom beds and surfaces. This position requires direct customer andpatient contact and will include patient transfers. Product readiness involves cleaning andpreparing equipment for use once it has been returned to inventory. This position also utilizes a PC basedcomputer system to track medical equipment throughout a healthcare facility orfacilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES: - Other duties may be assigned:
* Safety & Compliance
* Participate in all safetymeetings.
* Demonstrate a pro-activeapproach towards safety and health in compliance with all company, governmentaland customer regulations in the areas of HAZCOM, ECP/ICP, Joint Commission,HIPAA, substance abuse/drug free workplace, Standards of Ethical BusinessConduct, back safety and patient transfer protocols and maintenance of aclean/safe work environment.
* Successfully complete allrequired safety and compliance learning modules on a timely basis.
* Complete all medical testing ina timely manner.
* Sustain a clean and safe workenvironment, including 5S activities.
* Identify safety concerns andcorrect as necessary.
* Ability to lift and carry up to50 pounds using appropriate processes, including proper safety and ergonomicprocedures.
* Comprehend all trainingmaterial provided and follow all SOPs.
* Equipment Management &Maintenance
* Ability to move and maneuverHill-Rom products within healthcare facilities unassisted using appropriateprocesses and safety techniques.
* Conduct daily verificationrounds and perform equipment decontamination procedures according to companyand customer guidelines.
* Ability to assist nursing staffin transferring patients from existing beds onto Hill-Rom products or interimstretchers.
* Participate in delivery andretrieval of oxygen tanks (site specific for tank programs) and/or equipment toand from designated areas throughout the healthcare facility.
* Maintain inventory of specialtygases and place vendor orders when needed (tank programs only).
* Proper utilization andmaintenance of facilities and product being managed.
* Assist with tracking andpulling assets due for preventative maintenance.
* Responsible for the completionof day to day activities assigned.
* Identify and communicateproblems to management or Asset Coordinator.
* Repair & Maintenance
* Ability to troubleshoot andcomplete minor repairs to Hill-Rom products to correct problems pertaining toelectrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic features, unassisted.
* Ability to perform routinecleaning & maintenance procedures on various Hill-Rom products.
* Ability to perform preinstallation maintenance, including 'preventive maintenance' and 'beforepatient inspection' and modification procedures on various Hill-Rom products,unassisted, to include:
* Ability to visually, audibly,and manually inspect Hill-Rom products for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic problemsrequiring adjustment or repair.
* Ability to utilize the appropriatetools in making required adjustments and repairs.
* Ability to monitor the readingsof electronic meters and gauges.
* Ability to receive and respondto audible and visual signals on a smartphone, tablets and other technologydevices to provide on--call coverage to customer accounts.
* Ability to provide on-callcoverage, up to 7/24 basis, which may require customer account visits.
* Ability to adapt to aconstantly changing daily schedule of activities.
* Ability to exercise sound judgmentin order to plan and organize effectively to satisfy customer demands.
* Ability to endure high levelsof stress caused by various customer demands, scheduling conflicts, and otherfactors beyond personal control.
* Ability to complete writtendocuments (records, reports, and forms) for internal, regulatory, and projectdocumentation.
* Ability to read and comprehend(in English) technical bulletins pertaining to the repair and maintenance ofHill-Rom products.
* Ability to navigate variouselectronic devices (i.e. PC, smart phone, tablet, etc.), the Internet and otherapplications to obtain and enter information. Complete data analysis and interpretation as required.
* Present and Train
* Ability to conduct effective,oral presentations of information to customers and co-workers to conduct:
* In-service training sessions tohospital staff and caregivers
* Product demonstrations
* Participation in team meetings
* Feedback of field activities
* Cross training of coworkers tocomplete both service center and field functions
Supervisory responsibilities include:
* This job has no supervisoryresponsibilities.
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE,QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able toperform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Applicable technical or trade school training preferred
* Experience working with medical devices and/or FDA regulated products preferred
* Previous mechanical/hands-on experience preferred
* Internal candidates must have sustained performance of Meets Expectations or higher and must be recommended by their current supervisor
* Adapts to new technologies and is comfortable with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
* JD Edwards experience preferred
* Must be reliable and organized.
* Employees should exhibit a professional attitude and appearance, while conforming to both company and customer policies and procedures.
* Ability to work within a team environment with an enthusiastic and positive work attitude.
* Ability to comprehend company and customer guidelines for infection control
* Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities in a safe, ergonomic, and ethical manner
* Ability to follow company and site requirements on personal protective equipment (i.e. gloves, safety shoes, glasses, etc.)
* Ability to perform work duties with limited supervision
* Meets expectations of Hill-Rom's background verification check
* Meets expectation of Hill-Rom's alcohol and drug testing policy
* Schedule flexibility/on-call
* Occasional overtime required
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to manage time effectively
* Ability to resolve conflicts
* Basic mathematicalskills related to calculating/analyzing weights and measures, volume, distance,etc.
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button