Assistant Account Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT CURRENT MARKETING:
Current Marketing is part of the best-in-class engagement agencies which make up the Interpublic Group of Companies. We believe in real lives over lifestyles. We are focused on creating genuine connections between brands and people to change behavior and move brands forward. Our proprietary insights-based Realistics approach uncovers truths about people that reflect how they really live and behave, and we translate those insights into public relations, digital and social media campaigns that people are drawn to, support and share because they represent them in genuine, authentic ways. Fast-growing and dynamic, we have offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Dallas. We just launched Akela, an influencer marketing practice that uses real people in conjunction with leading-edge technology to provide impactful results for clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The New York office of Current Marketing is seeking a PR professional with six months to one year of experience to join us as an Assistant Account Executive (AAE). The AAE will support public relations tasks with a keen understanding of the media landscape, consumer trends and our clients business and industry.
The role of Assistant Account Executive has a variety of responsibilities integral to maintaining key client relationships and growing the business, including:
* Ongoing monitoring for consumer and media trends that may be relevant to client objectives
* Generating creative program ideas that would result in earned coverage
* Interest in building relationships with influencers and media
* Event and activation planning that aligns with client goals and objectives
* Coordinating with partners or vendors on client programs
* Potential staffing of onsite client events and activations
* Supporting the team in developing a range of communications and research materials for clients as needed
* Compose basic media plans and contribute to plan development processes
* Conducting research and developing background reports
* Maintaining a thorough understanding of client's business and industry
* Maintaining a thorough understanding of media and influencer landscape
* Anticipating and proactively offering solutions to team specific to assigned programs
* Ensuring all materials are client-ready (formatted, proofed and typo-free)
* Positive and can do attitude
* BA or BS in Communications or Journalism
* PR agency experience strongly desired
* 6 months-1 year of professional experience
* Project and team management experience as well as media relations and strong writing skills strongly desired
Current is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.