Assistant Account Representative - Specialty Commercial Insurance (4836) 9/17/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for providing customer service and clerical support to assist Producers and service team in servicing existing accounts and soliciting new business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists with review of policies for accuracy and/or possible deficiencies;
* Packages and markets applications to various carriers to obtain quotes as delegated;
* Assists service team with assembly of marketing materials, proposals and presentations for prospects and customers;
* Composes correspondence to insured and/or underwriters as directed;
* Processes and tracks claims;
* Inputs applications and word processes letters, and other forms of correspondence as directed;
* Prepares insurance binders or certificates as directed;
* Inputs information into agency management system;
* Engages in optimal and appropriate usage of applicable agency management systems;
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
4 year degree preferred
2 - 4 years related work experience
Valid insurance license or willingness to obtain a license once hired
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Encouraged to complete Career Path requirements as communicated by supervisor
Good oral and written communication skills
Good customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Good problem solving and time management skills
Intermediate typing skills (30-35 wpm)
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.