This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 3/29/2017
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Standard is hiring an Assistant Actuary with modeling experience in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) for a growth position within their Corporate Actuarial team. The Corporate Actuarial team leads the ERM function at StanCorp and is responsible for driving the creation of the annual ORSA Summary report. Team members typically have acumen in financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis of financial results and drivers of the business. In this role, you will build out modeling in support of the development of the ERM stress testing framework which meets the needs of our domestic regulators and international parent company, Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company, while also providing valuable insight to StanCorp s management team about our risk profile and opportunities for strategic risk taking. Your role will require cross-divisional coordination, and the ideal candidate will have an actuarial background in investment products, asset management businesses or group insurance products, which form the core of our business.
* Lead the development and implementation of The Standard s stress testing framework; use your expertise to ensure the framework is sustainable, accurate and effective in capturing material aspects of risk in the business.
* Contribute to the analysis of The Standard s risk profile by supporting ERM processes including ORSA by applying your understanding of the interactions between external and internal factors on the performance of The Standard s business lines, bring both your own expertise to the table and effectively accessing the expertise of other subject matter experts in the organization.
* Support the integration of Group ERM with The Standard s parent company Meiji Yasuda by building out modeling and risk analysis capabilities. This could include areas such as the development of credit, market and insurance risk models, the evolution of economic capital modeling capabilities, and integration with Embedded Value reporting and modeling.
* Work with other modelers in Corporate Actuarial team to ensure that model controls and validations are in place and modeling enhancements are integrated into ERM models.
* Bachelor s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, business, or related field
* FSA designation
* Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience developing and applying practical modeling strategies to meet business needs and regulatory requirements.
* Demonstrated in depth experience with ERM modeling frameworks understanding the interaction of internal and external factors on insurance and asset management businesses profitability.
* Effective collaboration with actuarial and business line leaders to evHialuate, understand and quantify risk.
* Demonstrated expertise in GGY AXIS, an equivalent modeling platform. Capabilities in SAS are preferred.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, please visit the URL: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf,