Assistant/Associate Prof (CVEG)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
University of Arkansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Arkansas invites applications for a tenure-track/tenured position at the Assistant/Associate Professor level. Candidates with an expertise in structural engineering, having experience with large-scale experimental testing, are encouraged to apply. The Department is currently finalizing the design of a 20,000 ft2 structural engineering laboratory, and it is expected that the successful applicant will serve with existing faculty in the effective use of the facility.
The position includes teaching, research, and service. The position will conduct research leading to scholarly publication, design graduate and undergraduate courses, provide curriculum material, construct syllabi, lead classroom instruction, write and administer exams, prepare and evaluate students, mentor students, serve on various faculty and student-oriented committees, exhibit participation and leadership in related professional societies and participate in the faculty decision-making for the Department of Civil Engineering.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
* A Ph.D. in civil engineering or closely related discipline is required
* Registration as a licensed professional engineer (P.E.) in Arkansas is required before tenure is awarded
* Must have or develop an active research agenda in structural engineering, provide evidence of scholarly productivity through publication and service, and exhibit a commitment to teaching excellence
* Teaching experience in the field of civil engineering or closely related discipline in an accredited institution of higher education
* Demonstrated ability to secure research funding from granting agencies through a competitive proposal process
* Passing status on the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (F.E.) at the time of application
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A MOTOR VEHICLE REPORTS CHECK*
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST*
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.