Assistant Billing Director 8/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 08948-122916
The individual selected for the Assistant Director position will complete field training assignments preparing them to function competently as a Director in an HCA PAS organization. Field training will ensure participants are knowledgeable in all aspects of the Patient Accounting and business office functions, and the participants must display competency in specialized aspects of the position such as billing, customer service and collections. Participants are expected to accept interim Manager or Director assignments as needed and must also complete a rotation in Patient Access.
Individuals selected for this position participate in extensive development activities to prepare them as Directors in a PAS environment.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Participants satisfactorily complete field training assignments, within a hospital and PAS back office setting, specifically designed to perfect management, analytical and technical skills within areas listed in the Job Summary section above
* Participants provide a high quality resource of knowledge, skills and work experience to facilities during course of training and fieldwork
* Conducts self in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner with all individuals and co-workers
* Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to up-front collections, reduction in insurance unbilled and reduced percentage of error
* Demonstrates high level of proficiency and knowledge in front office and back office functions and responsibilities
* During the program, participants may serve as interim manager or director within various facilities and/or functions to further enhance their management and technical skills
* Satisfactorily completes special projects as assigned
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
* Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Organization proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
* Communication communicates clearly and concisely
* Leadership- guides individuals and groups toward desire outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
* Customer orientation establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Tactical execution- oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
* Policies & Procedures- articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* PC skills demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
* Financial management applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
* Project management assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
* Start-Up Operations understands complexities and needs to start up, build and maintain a new business
* May require long work hours, shift work and weekends
* Geographic flexibility may be required for promotional opportunities
* Requires occasional travel for training and educational opportunities
* BS or BA degree required.
* MBA or MHA degree preferred.
* Experience in healthcare, healthcare management or finance.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
Last Edited: 09/22/2016