Assistant Branch Manager - Albion Office
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Financial Institutions, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Participates in the Bank incentive program in the achievement of Bank, Branch and individual goals. Develops and maintains knowledge of bank products. Actively promotes referrals and retention of account relationships. Coaches and motivates Branch Staff with their participation in the Bank incentive programs.
2. Responsible for account opening & maintenance and originating consumer loan applications.
3. Assists Branch Manager in the training, scheduling, operations and management of Branch staff.
4. Monitors performance and provides ongoing coaching and feedback in the development of Branch personnel. Responsible for timely completion of performance evaluations of assigned staff.
5. Assists Branch staff in resolving complex customer issues.
6. Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process when the Branch requires new or additional staff.
7. Participates in community events to increase the Branch s visibility and to enhance new or exiting business opportunities.
8. Involved in the consumer loan application process by interviewing consumer loan applicants and obtaining supporting documentation for the Credit Department. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of laws, compliance regulations and Bank policies pertaining to consumer loans and products.
9. Effectively utilizes necessary and available technology including all Bank software as required by the position. Operates office equipment as necessary.
10. Required to assist on Teller line as needed:
a. Responsible for accurately processing transactions for customers while on teller line(e.g. deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, redeeming bonds, selling gift cards) in a courteous and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
b. Participates in cash and negotiable instrument control measures including cash management, strike, shipping and cash ordering, vault currency, vault balancing, and vault related controls as assigned.
c. Performs operational duties as required including: fill change and/or currency orders, issue cashiers checks and money orders, process night drops bags and mail deposits, balance ATM and resolve ATM discrepancies, settle and balance Cash Advance machine.
d. Balances cash drawer
11. Responsible for assisting Branch Manager with all audit, operations and security policy and procedures for the Branch. Ensures that all staff are properly trained and updated in all areas of compliance, policy and procedures. Completes online compliance training as required within established timelines and ensures that Branch Staff complete training as assigned.
12. Required to successfully register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLS) and obtain a unique identifier through the registry that is provided to consumers in accordance with all SAFE Act requirements. In addition, must successfully renew registration with NMLS annually. Maintains and updates personal registry information as necessary to include name changes, employment changes, etc.
13. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
14. This job description is not exhaustive. The Assistant Branch Manager may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Prior Experience:
Required: Associate s Degree Years: 2+ Type: Banking (or Retail/Business related), Operational, Sales or Consumer Lending positions
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent Years: 4+ Type: Banking (or Retail/Business related), Operational, Sales or Consumer Lending positions
Preferred: Bachelor s Degree Years: 2+ Type: Banking (or Retail/Business related), Operational, Sales or Consumer Lending positions
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: NMLS eligible
1. Cooperation/Teamwork works well with others (internal, external customers and associates)
2. Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload and delegate where needed
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Personally responsible, completes work in a timely and consistent manner
5. Adaptable to varying bank and customer needs
6. Able to learn and utilize new technology effectively and efficiently
7. Proven problem solving skills and sound judgment
8. Strong sales orientation and customer focused
9. Strong team building and team management skills.
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Able to occasionally stand, bend and reach
3. Occasional travel within Branch footprint
4. Extensive computer usage is required
5. Ability to perform repetitive motion throughout shift
6. Able to lift 50 lbs
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
EXTERNAL POSTING FOR
Five Star Bank and its subsidiaries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human