Assistant Branch Manager I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Cadence Bank N.A.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the Branch Manager in administering and directing sales/business development, marketing and operation of a branch office. Manages activities, which promote growth and reinforce the objectives of the relationship banking and quality service programs; oversees daily banking office functions; ensures compliance with all policies, procedures and operating regulations. This position reports to the Branch Manager and has a sound working knowledge of the Branch Manager s responsibilities in order to act as back-up during the manager s absence. This position is responsible for ensuring operational efficiency of the branch office through adherence to established procedures. This position is also responsible for making sound and timely decisions relative to accepted standards of customer service, workflows, and the implementation of new procedures. The Assistant Branch Manager must be knowledgeable with all bank products and foster staff knowledge of the various products offered
This position requires S.A.F.E. registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) can provide information about the requirements for registration.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for day-to-day management of branch operations to ensure efficiency and compliance with operational and security policies.
* Provides guidance and training to branch personnel on operating problems, handling of exceptions, adjustments, and sales.
* Ensures fast, courteous and efficient customer service is maintained in banking office.
* Supervises all branch operations.
* Develop personal bankers staffing schedule.
* Confers and participates with Branch Manager in resolving personnel problems, including hiring, scheduling of employees hours, & rating performance.
* Oversees physical maintenance of the banking office to ensure an attractive, functional and well-maintained appearance.
* Opens new accounts, process general account transactions and respond to questions concerning all bank products and services.
* Reviews internal control structure of Branch on an ongoing basis.
* Generates monthly reports for review: teller outages, teller cash, teller transaction, overdraft charge off, bounce protection and etc.
* Monitor Equipment needs and communicate to appropriate departments
* Ensures branch has and maintains clean audits.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* Teller experience
* Two years personal banker experience
* Vault management and supervisory experience with a working knowledge of lending criteria required
* Sales/sales management experience in a financial institution environment preferred
* Bachelor s degree in business, finance or related field required and/or equivalent work experience
* Strong interpersonal skills required to positively manage and motivate staff development to meet established goals and objectives
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in computer skills
* NMLS License required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Cadence Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.