Assistant Brand Manager, Gourmet Coffee
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Assistant Brand Manager - Gourmet Coffee
Director of Marketing
* Assist in the development/execution of annual Marketing plans.
* Analyze market and competitive trends and recommend actions to achieve annual sales and profit objectives.
* Assist in the development and execution of Consumer Marketing activities with agencies/suppliers as appropriate.
* Assist Brand Manager with new product development process, coordinating timelines, research, and technical applications related to new item launches.
* Maintain regular contact and work with Sales and Brand Commercialization teams ensure proper communication of the brand strategy and related programs.
Market & Competitor Analysis
* Develop actionable insights by utilizing data reporting systems including IRI and Siebel Analytics.
* Service ad hoc information requests from the marketing team
* Catalog relevant consumer information relating to respective categories (IRI Panel Data, NPD, Consumer Studies, etc.) to feed the Marketing planning process.
* Analyze market and competitive trends with intent to recommend actions to drive strategy and achieve annual sales and profit objectives.
* Prepare for, attend and monitor core business forecast meetings, assisting in development & tracking of volume plan with Brand Manager
* Assist in maintaining/ tracking annual budgets for appropriate segments/markets.
* Foster, contribute and lead as appropriate communication flow across disciplines.
* Service ad hoc information requests and account-specific program support from Marketing Managers & Sales Management
* Bachelor's degree with a Marketing focus is required
* MBA is preferred
* 2 years of brand marketing experience is required
* Systems experience including IRI, Nielsen or similar is required
* Forecasting experience is required
* Experience working with external partners is preferred
* Experience working with and managing budgets is preferred
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong project management skills
* Attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Ability to work with cross functional teams
* Willingness to travel up to 20%
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.