Assistant Channel Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
At Stanley Black & Decker (SBD), one of the world s fastest growing and most dynamic companies, we seek the best in the industry to join our team. Currently, our Global Tools & Storage division is searching for an Assistant Channel Manager -Commercial located in Towson Md.
The Assistant Channel Manager will be primarily responsible for directing and coordinating strategic marketing activities for the Consumer Products Group (CPG) SBU to achieve operating plan within the independent/industrial channels (IC) of distribution. The ACM will have overall responsibility for the profitability, promotion, pricing, merchandising and new product plan for key growth categories within the CPG SBU.
* Manage the daily channel marketing strategy for Black & Decker, Porter Cable and DEWALT brands with strategic customers in the commercial channel.
* Work with our CPG product marketing teams to identify and implement growth initiatives within our current product ranges as well as expansion areas.
* Manage new product launches, seasonal and promotional commercial strategy and implementation working cross-functionally with the product, channel, finance, supply and demand planning, and brand, field marketing and sales teams.
* Develop Channel pricing strategy and maintains pricing and price promotion parameters, and implements cost reduction opportunities through design-to-value.
* Sets success metrics for launch and promotional plans, encompassing financial and non-financial metrics. Analyzes results at the channel level of new product launches and merchandising initiatives. Utilize this information for recommending future projects.
* Reviews brand and merchandising messaging and tactics to make sure they comply with overall channel strategy and make recommendations on improvements for a better customer experience within specific accounts.
* Provides brand, product and management team competitive insights and recommendations.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment essential, with a high degree of flexibility and tolerance of change.
* Works closely with the sales team to manage listings in order to maximize sales and profitability via mix management
* BA/BS Degree; two plus (2 +) years of sales and or marketing experience within the Consumer Goods Industry
* A track record of demonstrated achievement;
* Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite. (SAP, BW, and other B&D software applications a plus)
* Effective project management skills, strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Basic knowledge of key business measures--sales, gross margin, OM, etc.
* Demonstrated solid analytical skills and problem-solving ability
* Strong attention to detail; strong multi-tasking ability as well as ability to manage deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
* There is 10-20% travel (local, regional and national) associated with this position
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.