Assistant Chief Engineer 8/20/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Assistant Chief Engineer
Auto Req ID
The Assistant Chief Engineer will have responsibility of directing the daily activity of the building operations team sometimes scheduled to work multiple shifts, scheduling customer work requests and preventive maintenance activities.
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for the efficiencies and productivity of the building engineering team ensuring compliance to the team safety programs and assisting the Chief Engineer with employee management and development. The Assistant Chief Engineer will oversee all aspects of building operations, periodically leading facilities projects, administering programs and databases used to support building operations. This is an International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 94.
* Engineering staff supervision, management and development
* Conduct annual compliance training for engineering teams
* Control employee overtime by efficiently scheduling work assignments and monitoring performance
* Method of Procedure (MOP) vendor review, implementation and enforcement
* Manage daily work assignments, assisting with daily administration of facilities contracted services, including scheduling activities with engineering teams, client and service providers related to Fire Life Safety, HVAC, Elevators, Electrical
* Ensure compliance to service intervals as required by service contracts including scheduling and supervising contractors as required at locations of responsibility
* Assisting the Chief Engineer and local team to ensure property compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle Operations audit
* Manage performance of HVAC operations, building operating systems, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, air handlers, water treatment, related ancillary equipment and mechanical systems
* Manage activities associate with maintaining and operating electrical distribution systems, fixtures, appliances and lighting
* Corrective work order system interface, time entry, timely dispatch and closure
* Maintain preventive maintenance program integrity for locations of responsibility, including preventive maintenance work order generation and closure
* Coordinate JLL Services activities with the client when necessary
* Support other JLL departments as necessary, i.e., Project Management, Occupancy Planning, Transactions and corporate support functions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* HS Diploma required
* HVAC and refrigeration education required.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in building engineering and operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABIILITIES
* Qualified candidates will have demonstrated successful leadership abilities in the field of building engineering and operations or related field
* Demonstrated success in operating and maintaining building systems and equipment
* Experience with employee supervision or operating as a team lead
* Excellent communications skills both oral and written
* Possess the ability and desire to learn new computer software programs
* Basic understanding of accounting, office technology, systems and equipment
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.