Assistant, Community Relations Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Arden Hills, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MN-Arden Hills
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 286691
Work with BSC Global Community Engagement team to track & report employee volunteerism, process & vet charitable giving and payments, field employee and general public inquiries,assist with managing the use and inventory of community resources across all MN campuses, and provide support to MN Community Engagement projects as needed.
- Vet and verify employee contributions via the BSC Employee Match Program, following up with employees and vendor as needed to resolve processing issues
- Process BSC charitable contributions per policies and guidelines, including check requests, documentation and correspondence to charitable organizations regarding status of contribution requests
- Data entry and create reports on employee volunteerism and employee volunteer events
- Processing payments via PO's, invoices, check requests
- Assist in tracking budget
- Manage department inboxes (STEM, Global Community, Site Community)
- Triage phone and internet "contact us" requests
- Assist in managing use, inventory, maintenance, and tracking of STEM education kits and resources at all MN campuses
- Assist in managing use, inventory, distribution and maintenance of community engagement resources (t-shirts, communication materials) at all MN campuses
- Coordinating meeting logistics, such as setting up meeting rooms, catering, AV as needed at all MN campuses
- Community Engagement project support as needed
- 1-3 years' experience providing administrative support to a department or team in a similar industry/environment
- Must have a desire to be in an admin support role and truly enjoy assisting others. Recognizes that this role provides the highest level of support service approaching every situation with an above and beyond approach.
- Must be assertive and not hesitate to ask questions. This is important in this fast pace role.
- Must have excellent reading comprehension skills with the ability to read material and develop at least a basic understanding of a wide variety of topics.
- Must be able to learn new applications efficiently and effectively. Learning new applications such as Kronos, Concur Expense tool, SuccessFactors, Fusion, BOX, Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) for coding invoices and other systems that may be required to do the job. All applications are routine part of the job.
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks, identify what is urgent.
- Must be highly organized, willing to be flexible with an ever-changing work environment and be an experienced multi-tasker.
- Must have experience in supporting people remotely in different time zones
- Must have experience in scheduling and coordinating meetings
- Must display professionalism, leadership qualities and positive attitude, and an above and beyond approach with every task and the job as a whole providing an excellent example for those he/she comes in contact with.
- Must have experience working in a team environment, working on projects as a team
- Must have experience in being pro-active and working with little direction when applicable
- Must have experience taking direction from all types of management styles and able to follow and carry through with those directions
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MN-Arden Hills||(n/a)||Marketing & Communications||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Communications, Marketing Communications, Data Entry, Administrative, Marketing