Assistant Controller - 1785
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Seeking a top candidate experienced in full cycle accounting operations to support the financial accounting and closing processes for a mid-sized government contractor. The Assistant Controller will report to the Controller and be instrumental in financial statement preparation and reporting for the company and its subsidiary. This is a new position and great opportunity to work in a high-paced environment among a solid team.
* Assist in all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities including journal entry posting, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate expense allocation.
* General ledger maintenance including accruals, adjusting entries, account reconciliations, etc. Coordinate activities within Accounting team to ensure proper entries are made in payroll, job costing, benefits, and various prepaid/advance accounts. Manage and maintain the accuracy of the General Ledger.
* Close subsidiary books maintain and reconcile entity accounts. Ensure intercompany work orders and postings are accurate and complete.
* Identify any discrepancies in the accounts, troubleshoot origin, and make correcting entries to ensure accurate financial reporting. Prepare GL account reconciliations and/or oversee the preparation within the team.
* Oversee the labor costing process. Maintain overhead allocations and the journal entries for the indirect cost allocations.
* Lead cross-functional teams across Millennium s various locations for compliance changes or process improvement projects, as needed.
* Validate proper revenue recognition treatment and setup.
* Under oversight from the Controller, prepare annual incurred cost submission to DCAA.
* Internal Controls. Follow Millennium s internal control framework per the company s Quality Management System and ensure adherence to objectives. Identify and implement improvements where necessary.
* Ensure all accounting records, policies and practices are processed and stored according to company practice.
* Prepare management reports and assist with completion of the financial covenant compliance packages
* Support FP&A manager to ensure system interfaces are accurate between Costpoint and financial reporting tool, IBM Cognos TM1
* Assist with equity administration and recordkeeping
* Assist with corporate cash management and cash flow in respect to Payroll, AR and AP
* Coordinate the annual financial audit, set timelines and review the audited financial statements
* Assist with annual ESOP valuation audit
Desired Skills & Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
* CPA and public accounting experience desired
* Deltek Cospoint accounting software
* Strong working knowledge of GAAP and FAR
* Federal Government contractor background
* 7+ years experience in accounting and finance
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Possess a strong worth ethic and a professional sense of integrity
No clearance required
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 1785