Assistant Controller 8/24/2016
ATI Physical Therapy
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Assistant Controller
Tracking Code: 7237-109
Oversee all technical accounting aspects of the business. Ensure conformity with the latest FASB and IFRS regulations and standards. Responsible for all aspects of general ledger accounting as well as all unit, regional and consolidated financial reporting activities. Overseeing the accounting department; including managing and training staff, and developing their accounting acumen.
* Oversees accounting staff including Accounting Managers, Senior Accountants, and Staff Accountants.
* Implements and/or maintains monthly closing procedures, oversees and reviews the month-end close routines to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting in accordance with the latest GAAP pronouncements.
* Ensures that all related account analyses and sub-ledgers such as prepaid, accruals, reserves, bank reconciliation, A/P and A/R aged trial balances are current and support the general ledger balances and financial statements.
* Coordinates the internal preparation of documents for, and assists as necessary with, the internal and external auditors to ensure that audit work is accomplished effectively and efficiently. Leads year-end accounting activities related to financial reporting including completion of year-end audited financial statements on a timely and accurate basis.
* Maintain an understanding of the accounting systems in place to ensure that the systems are utilized effectively and provide timely and accurate financial information.
* Oversee accounting treatment and financial statement presentation for business combination transactions including acquisitions and joint venture activities.
* Review monthly and quarterly tax estimates and work with external tax support providers as needed
* Act as company administrator over all bank accounts; coordinate opening and closing of accounts as needed.
* Coordinate all debt and interest payments with financial administrators.
* Ensure systems and procedures are in place within all functional areas to be Sarbanes Oxley compliant.
* Responsible for planning, assigning and directing work addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Perform special projects/analysis as requested by management.
* Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
* Maintain chart of accounts.
* Interviews candidates for direct reports as necessary.
* Responsible for overseeing training for direct reports.
* Responsible for overseeing performance and any related counseling of direct reports, up to and including recommendation for termination of employment.
* Responsible for overseeing annual review process for direct reports.
* The ability to provide training to direct reports on Company standards of operations.
* The ability to provide ongoing monitoring of standards by conducting standards testing on direct reports.
* The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees
* The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
* Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations
* Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
* At least 5 years of managerial Accounting experience; and
* At least 3 years in a leadership role in Accounting
CURRENT LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
* CPA (REGISTERED OR LICENSED) - REQUIRED
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local Tax Processing;
* Demonstrated proficient knowledge of GAAP and accounting standards codification
* Experience with Great Plains or similar windows based accounting software;
* Thorough knowledge of management reporting techniques and decision support approaches;
* Excellent financial analysis and modeling skills
* Action Oriented;
* Building Effective Teams;
* Business Acumen;
* Career Ambition;
* Comfort around Higher Management;
* Command Skills;
* Conflict Management;
* Customer Service Skills;
* Dealing with Ambiguity;
* Drive for Results;
* Microsoft Office;
* Organize and manage multiple priorities;
* Interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
* Presentation skills;
* Problem solving;
* Team player;
* Time management;
* Timely decision making; and
* Commitment to company values.
Job Location: Bolingbrook, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular