This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Shawmut Design and Construction
At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients' specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients' best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable constructionexperiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable constructionexperiences are based on one principle--it's the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best.
We are seeking an Assistant Controller to join our corporate financial management team. This role will partner with our staff accounting team, Corporate Controller and other departments to manage financialreporting, budgeting and analysis and provide overall financial information to assist with strategic and operational decision making. This is the ideal opportunity for someone looking to join a growing organization and further develop their skills.
* Direct management of our corporate accounting team, including overseeing the monthly closing process, and ensuring timely and accurate reporting
* Review and approval of internal and external financialreporting, including senior management and board reporting packages, as well as bank and surety reporting
* Development of ad-hocfinancialreports and analysis as required by senior management
* Management of the year end corporate audit
* Participate in preparing the financialreports and analysis required for quarterly board meetings
* Coordinate and oversee the budgeting and forecasting processes
* Input into the development of policies and procedures
* Hands on involvement with our ERP system
* Partner with project finance and assist with job cost management
* Communicate with all levels of management to gather, analyze and summarize financial information
* Participate in certain special projects related including financial research and modeling involving equipment management and ERP system implementation
* Intelligent, agile and diligent individual with a strong background in both public and private accounting
* Minimum of 10years' experience; B.A. in accounting required, MBA/CPApreferred
* Experience in construction, engineering or similar industries REQUIRED; experience with preparation and review of WIP schedules is preferred
* Proven management skills in leading, growing and developing people
* Dedicated hand-on self-starter with incredible attention to detail, strong analytical and organization skills, and the ability to understand and prioritize the demands of managing a growing business
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, providing quick and accurate results
* Ability to work independently and feel comfortable juggling various tasks with multiple deadlines
* Effective communication skills that will inspire a professional and collaborative approach
* Is creative, flexible and able to drive / guide change
* Strong understanding of financial accounting principles including strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB Accounting Standards Codifications Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, staff and external contacts, and to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a professional team environment
* Solid General Ledgersoftwareexperience
* Experience with corporate reporting, insurance, taxes, accounts payable and payroll are preferred
* Experience using an ERP system is preferable
* Knowledge of data management, including the ability to interpret, analyze, organize and report data. Skilled with Microsoft Office applications; specifically, Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint