Assistant Controller 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Global Consulting Firm - Evanston, IL - Up to $105k + bonus
* Client has had 15%yearly growth over the last several years.
* Client's people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a passion for quality customer service and dedication--whether our customer is a client or another employee.
* Opportunity to gain a broad range of experience including exposure to international issues.
* Have direct access to CFO, Controller, and other senior managers.
* Great opportunity to help company build out their Controllership infrastructure.
* 8% target bonus.
NOTE FROM THE HIRING MANAGER
Alternately hiring a Senior Associate with 2-4years of experience at $65k-$85k + bonus. Responsibilities include ensuring accuracy in reporting, advising on GAAP, running reports, and assisting with accounting, audit, and compliance processes. Targeting candidates out of public accounting with private clients in professional services/broad industry experience or candidates with large CPA firms. Also targeting candidates with international experience, personally or professionally.
POSITION SUMMARY OF ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
Seeking an Assistant Controller to join global Controllership team and be involved in or directly responsible for oversight of Accounting, Tax, Treasury, and other compliance matters for operations in the Americas (US, Canada, Brazil). Position reports to the Global Controller.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OF ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
* BS/BA degree in Accounting with strong academic credentials. CPA highly desirable.
* 5-8years of relevant experience in public accounting firm or for-profit business.
* Strong communication and analytical skills while being highly detail-oriented.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks independently.
* Experience in international accounting or in an internationally-oriented setting a plus.
* Experience in SAP is a plus.
* Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
* Conduct review of monthly reporting output for Americas offices, including management P ensure accuracy.
* Oversee accounting processes in Americas region, ensure consistency with global directives, design and implement controls to address financial reporting and asset misuse risks.
* Monitor and review processes to address inefficiencies and inaccuracies.
* Train others to work effectively with established processes.
* Develop controls to audit accuracy of accounting processes within SAP system, deign core accounting processes, and master data necessary for future implementations.
* Develop, implement, and operate tools for effective planning and investigate and implement adjustments to methodologies.
* Manage payment processing and review procedures, conduct cash forecasting, and report variance analysis.
* Review and prepare documentation to support compliance filings in the Americas and reconcile global GAAP records to local GAAP books.
* Prepare tax provision for review by financial statement auditors.
* Respond to audit requests and write memoranda to support position when challenged.
* Support monthly, quarterly, annual reporting, and related financial statement audit.
* Record journal entries and ensure books are kept up-to-date.