This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONZS is the world's largest consulting firm focused exclusively on improving business performance through sales and marketing consulting solutions, from customer insights and strategy to analytics, operations and technology. Together, we design and implement strategies that lead to greater market share, more competitive operations and increased use of today's latest technologies. From 22 offices worldwide, ZS professionals draw on deep industry and domain expertise to deliver impact where it matters for clients. We are particularly known for our expertise in the pharmaceutical and health care sectors, yet work across a range of industries.
ZS' CORPORATE SUPPORT TEAMS operate the firm's core internal enterprise functions. Our global teams comprise team-oriented, pragmatic and results-driven people who thrive in a challenging work environment. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a passion for quality customer service and dedication--whether our customer is a client or another ZS employee.
FINANCE is responsible for all ZS financial matters, including financial planning, analysis, reporting, accounts receivable, general ledger and tax.
FINANCE SPECIALIST/ASST. CONTROLLER
We seek an experienced financial/accounting professional to join our Global Controllership team, located in our Evanston, IL headquarters. This position will serve as an Assistant Controller and will be involved in, or directly responsible for oversight of Accounting, Tax, Treasury and other Compliance matters for our operations in the Americas (located in the US, Canada and Brazil).
* Conduct review of monthly reporting output for offices in the Americas. This will include various forms of management P
* Oversee accounting processes relating to the Americas region, and ensure consistency with global directives and best practices. Design and implement controls as necessary to address financialreporting and asset misappropriation risks. Continuously monitor and review processes to address inefficiencies and inaccuracies. Train others (within the wider finance team, and externally as necessary) to work effectively with established processes;
* Develop controls to audit accuracy of accounting processes within our SAP system; design core accounting processes and master data necessary for future system implementations and other related special projects;
* Develop, implement and operate tools for effective planning, such that we can define our liquidity and tax strategy accordingly. As variances to forecast arise, investigate and implement adjustments to methodologies accordingly;
* Manage payment processing and review procedures, including those related to general treasury and American Express, to ensure appropriate levels of liquidity are maintained, conduct cash forecasting, reporting and variance analysis as necessary;
* Review and prepare documentation to support our compliance filings in the Americas, such as federal, state and local statutory financialreports and direct and indirect tax returns in the US, and respectively in Canada and Brazil. Reconcile global GAAP records to local GAAP books. Research available guidance to ensure that our system and related processes are properly compliant and accurate in terms of treatment of transactions; prepare the tax provision for review by our financial statement auditors, and in order to make periodic estimated payments as necessary;
* Respond to audit requests in jurisdictions across the continent as necessary, and write memoranda to support our position when challenged;
* Work with other controllership team members to support monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, and related financial statement audit;
* Record journal entries and ensure that the books are kept up-to-date. Prepare, amend and review accounting methodology documentation to support global processes and controls.
* BS/BA degree in Accounting, with strong academic credentials. The candidate should be a CPA.
* 5-7years of relevant experiencerequired, either in a public accounting firm or for-profit business.
* Strong communication & analytical skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, consistently meeting deadlines and managing multiple tasks with limited supervision and strong attention to detail.
* Experience in international accounting or in an internationally-oriented setting is an advantage.
* Experience in SAP is an advantage.
* Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel)
* Candidates must possess authorization to work permanently in the US.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and 401k. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE