Assistant Controller II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This position assists the Controller in directing the financial activities of the Auction(s) and is responsible for the administration and management of the Financial Controls, including Accounts Receivable, Customer Disbursements, Payroll, Credit, and Internal Controls. The Assistant Controller II manages the day to day accounting activities including month end close activities, account reconciliations, financial statement reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis. This position will typically report to a Controller functioning as secondary Finance person responsible for day to day activities.
* Assist in preparation of monthly financial statement and ad hoc reports to be distributed to General Manager. Manage monthly close process including journal entries and accrual analysis.
* Assist in process to Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts monthly and submit package for compliance review quarterly.
* Assist in managing the Auction's records and reports in compliance with established accounting policies and procedures (GAAP), including the reconciliation of weekly sales and receivables reports.
* Assist in the implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to financial management, forecast, budget, and accounting.
* Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, operating expenses, and insurance records.
* Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls. Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting, and review financial statements with Auction management.
* Reconcile daily financial information with banking officials, scan checks, prepare deposits and transfer of funds within the required time frame and work with banks as necessary regarding efficient and accurate account management.
* Assist Controller in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
* Assist Controller by reconciling accounts, evaluating the accuracy and effectiveness of the accounting system and assist external auditors in performing reviews and audits of the accounting records.
* Provides timely notification to management on returned checks, drafts and potential credit problems.
* Coordinate monthly close process including journal entries and accrual analysis.
* Prepare various management presentations, financial analyses, and special projects as assigned.
* Advise and communicate technical accounting matters with all levels of the organization.
* Maintain fixed asset reporting, capital expenditures and schedules.
* Comply, support and enforce auction, government and customer policies, procedures and regulations.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
* Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
* Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management required.
* CPA certification or MBA preferred.
* 3 - 5 years of accounting experience in positions with increasing responsibilities required.
* Experience in the automobile or Auctions industry desirable.
* Strong communication, interaction, and presentation skills required.
* Effective and competent management, accounting, and organizational skills required.
* Strong knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
* Proven ability to work with all levels of an organization.
* Good computer and software knowledge essential. ERP software experience a plus (e.g., Oracle, Hyperion, JD Edwards, SAP, etc.).
* Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance, color and depth perception.
Normal office environment, with ability to visit and interact with all outside departments.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit http://www.coxautoinc.com/.
Primary Location:US-TX-Dallas-5333 W Kiest Blvd
Job Level:Team Leader