This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONASSISTANT CONTROLLER
Our client, a very stable, over 100 year old Northeast Texas manufacturing company, is seeking to hire an Assistant Controller.
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY!
This is an excellent opportunity for someone either living in this area or having a desire to move to a more laid-back lifestyle in East Texas _(COMPANY IS OFFERING RELOCATION ASSISTANCE)._
The position of Assistant Controller is a salaried position and is bonus eligible - UNCAPPED - with key departmental / position objectives met (SELF-MANAGED PERFORMANCE) .
* Responsible for maintaining financial records and internal controls.
* Analyze daily costing transactions
* Prepare and make General Ledger entries
* Resolve variances (labor, purchase prices, bills of materials, freight, etc.)
* Actively participate in improvement procedures and processes
In addition to the above, other ESSENTIAL DUTIES anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
* Accountable for the selection, promotion, performance, and optimum utilization of accounting department personnel and succession planning
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance - CPA highly desirable
* Ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in an Account Management/Leadership role
* Cost Accounting Experience IS A MUST
* Experience in a Manufacturing Environment is a HIGHLY DESIRABLE
* Ability and Willingness to Travel up to 20%
* Excellent benefit package
* 401K with 6% company match
* OUTSTANDING bonus opportunity that is uncapped
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in being considered for this great opportunity, apply online. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.