Sr Director, Assistant Controller
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONVeritas Technologies enables organizations to harness their information, bolstering business success in even the most complex environments. We serve organizations of all sizes, including 86 percent of global Fortune 500 companies, boast revenues of $2.5 billion, execute with approximately 8,000 employees, and operate in over 40 countries.
Come be a part of a legacy of success and lead a team to ensure that Veritas books are closed on time and that all controls are established and followed to ensure completeness, accuracy, adherence to global accounting policies, and that information is available for our external reporting requirements in compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. Your team will be on the forefront of designing processes, systems, and controls to make it all happen.
We are looking for a leader who is passionate about driving change, making a difference and ensuring the highest level of quality. We are looking for someone who feels empowered to innovate, takes action, is stakeholder driven and is someone we can trust to make the right decisions. You will collaborate with the Finance leaders across all areas of Finance, including FP&A, Tax, Treasury, and Internal Audit. This leadership position reports to the Chief Accounting Officer.
* Manage and lead the worldwide accounting close processes inclusive of the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
* Be a thought leader for excellence in execution of the financial close and reporting process.
* Prepare the people, processes and systems to scale to the support the Company s business model transition and future growth.
* Manage relationship with external auditors.
* Manage statutory reporting requirements and consistency in reporting across our global entities.
* Role models organizational and teamwork skills. Mentors staff and managers to enable proper succession planning and talent management.
* Presents issues and recommendations in a crisp and concise manner to enable better decision-making.
* Involved in ad hoc projects which may arise, focusing on process improvement for the broader Accounting and Finance team.
* Defines and monitors key performance metrics for the team.
* Responsible for the evaluation of global policies and practices, at times resulting in write ups where needed and formulating business process revisions when identified.
* Prioritizes process improvement projects. Designs and aligns on plans to accelerate change, leading the team to a future state.
* Assist with SOX 404 compliance testing and ensure related documentation is updated on a timely basis.
* ONE OF US: BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA or ACA. Excellent understanding of GAAP accounting principles and SEC reporting regulations.
* YOU RE WISE: Minimum 15 years of experience including public accounting and/or public multinational company. Oracle Financials experience are a big plus. Superior analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment.
* YOU SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE: Technology software and SaaS industry experience.
* WE GET YOU AND YOU GET US: Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to communicate technical issues in a business-like, non-technical manner is a basic requirement.
* YOU GET IT DONE: Excellent time and project management skills can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-paced business culture. Proficiency in Excel is needed.
* HEY! I M FLEXIBLE: Ability to work in a matrix team environment.
* THERE IS NO I IN TEAM: Works effectively across functions to resolve complex problems..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.