This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAssistant Controller (CPA)
$85,000 - $90,000
Our Shared Services Accounting group is building a new team in order to support a growth target for the nation's fastest growing Health Advocacy Company. We are looking for an experienced Assistant Controller for our team in Omaha, NE. The Assistant Controller will play an active role in leading the department in supporting our finance initiatives, which are centered around continuous improvement, team communication and development and being a strategic partner to the business.
As a valued member of our Finance and Accounting team, you'll experience professional development in a career in which you can be proud. Together we will make a difference in the business world as we know it today. .
THE ASSISTANT CONTROLLER WILL ALSO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
* Managing the month end close process
* Implementing, supporting, and maintaining the internal control environment
* Coordinating internal and external audits
* Implementing, supporting, and documenting efficient and effective processes
* Acting as a key contact for internal process owners
* Partnering with the businesses to support key initiatives
* Teaming with the finance organization on budgeting, forecasting and analysis
* Properly interpreting, communicating, and following Generally Accepted Accounting
* Knowing, understanding, and supporting approved accounting and departmental policies and procedures
* Assisting with compliance for corporate governance
* Training, mentoring, and developing team to ensure organizational success
THE KEYS SKILLS TO ENSURE SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
* Organization and management of inter-and intra- departmental teams
* Effective leadership of change management
* Upbeat and positive communication style
* Excellent technical accounting knowledge
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business, or related field required
* Minimum of four years of increasingly responsible accounting experience required preferably in a global multi-location company
* Minimum of two years supervisory experience required
* Minimum of two years public accounting or audit experience
* CPA designation required
* Knowledge of federal and state tax laws required
* Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel required
if qualified, e-mail resume and you will be contacted