Assistant Controller - Real Estate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONA GROWING, DYNAMIC REAL ESTATE COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN ASSISTANT CONTROLLER IN NEW YORK CITY.
* Manage and review the work of team of four to six property accountants who are responsible for the accounting of approximately 50 + commercial and residential properties.
* Create lender and investor financial reporting packages, including operating statements with budget variance explanations and Debt Service Coverage calculations (DSCR)
* Work closely with our external auditors and tax consultants to ensure compliance with all lender and IRS requirements.
* Prepare annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts for both lender and internal usage to accurately predict upcoming cash flow and capital needs.
* Reconcile and prepare all tenant RET, CAM, and insurance billings.
* Prepare annual audited financial statements with footnote disclosures.
* Provide corporate accounting functions for the management company.
* Prepare and file RPIE's and TC-201's for NYC based properties.
* 7 plus years of public or private Real Estate accounting experience
* Bachelors or MS degree in Accounting
* CPA strongly preferred
* Strong management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
* Knowledge of GAAP basis financial statements
* Knowlege of real estate funds would be desirable
* Ability to prepare workpapers and supporting schedules for the external auditors
* Knowledge of partnership taxation would be a plus
* Able to grow and take on more responsibility