Assistant Controller - Retail 8/9/2016
Henderson Harbor Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Henderson Harbor Group is a premier executive search and consulting firm with specialized expertise in Finance, Accounting and Tax placement. The search division recruits highly skilled professionals on a direct hire basis. We primarily service our clients in the NY an NJ area as well nationally through our AAFA network (45 financial staffing affiliates throughout the U.S. and Canada).
Our client is a global retail company headquartered in NY with finance operations in NJ and they are looking for an Assistant Controller. The company is evolving and launching new lines of business and they require a forward thinker who can oversee the entire financial operations in conjunction with the Corporate Controller and other heads of finance.
* Guide divisional finance teams in accounting and reporting.
* Manage accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end book-closing.
* Perform multi-level global consolidations.
* Review and manage cash flow daily.
* Assist in the preparation of financial statements and footnotes related thereto.
* Prepare management reports and analyses at corporate consolidated and divisional levels.
* Assist with the implementation, documentation, and review of internal financial controls.
* Coordinate asset impairment testing with valuation specialists.
* Assist in the coordination and support of external audit.
* Pension plan accounting and administration.
* Support corporate FP&A and Tax Director.
* 10+ years experience with 3+ in a global organization
* Prior public accounting experience with a national or Big 4 firm
* CPA required
* Experience with implementation of global financial systems
If Interested, please email a resume to Dan Conroy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then review the qualifications and follow up with additional questions and potential face to face screening if there is interest.