This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Publicly held corporation
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONHeadquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our client is a leader in its field. They have a global presence and an almost unique business mix. In partnership with them, we are looking to identify an Assistant Controller who will be responsible for managing centralized accounting processes and systems and ensuring the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data. The incumbent will prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP and company policy, establish policy and procedures over general accounting activities and implement best practices.
* Has full HR responsibility for direct reports including training, coordinating work, establishing standards, reviewing work, conducting performance appraisals and providing coaching or counseling.
* Direct and manage the consolidation accounting processes for the division. Implement internal controls, monitor the analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, ensure accurate compilation, and preparation and review of financial statements. Ensure that all GAAP and internal accounting and audit processes and controls are being applied.
* Ensure timely completion and coordination of month end close processes. Manage completion of schedules and management reports. Challenge business and accounting processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
* Ensure consistent, reliable
* A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
* A Masters in Accounting or Business Administration (preferred).
* CPA - Certified Public Accountant certification (preferred)
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting.
* A minimum of 2 years of leadership or management experience.
* Familiarity with a financial system / ERP system (Cognos a plus)
Our client would be thrilled to hear from you. You will join a business that offers an engaging workload, a great working environment, outstanding career path opportunities and tier one compensation and benefits.