This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
San Diego, CA
The Assistant Controller will support the Controller as the finance partner for manufacturing, R&D and SG&A functions. In addition, this position will be responsible for all financial, reporting and analysis functions, operations reporting, compliance, and implementation of process improvements. This position will serve as a back up to the Controller.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist with the annual financial budget as well as in the development and presentation of recurring and ad-hoc financial plans, budgets, forecasts, statements, metric scorecards and reports to enhance business decisions and drive operational efficiency.
* Partner with plant operations, functional areas and the corporate office to provide financial assistance and material requests
* Work within our existing ERP system and lead efforts to recommend and implement any expansions of this system.
* Lead the cost accounting process for our manufacturing operation, including performing periodic cost studies in support of our standard cost model, ensuring all batches are fully burdened with appropriate direct, indirect and overhead costs in compliance with said standard cost model, and the regular investigation, resolution and reporting of actual-to-standard variances.
* Support external and internal audit processes, maintain SOX compliance.
* Provides corporate accounting with monthly and quarterly financial accounting reports to consolidate with SEC filings utilizing Hyperion financial management and other tools
* Recommends improvements and innovative methods of resolving problems or issues.
* Interacts and communicates with associated operating departments as necessary to produce cohesive efforts towards accomplishing company goals.
* Perform financial analysis and forecasting, including models of performance.
* Provide reports and presentations as required to the Site Leadership and other employees. Provide reports to internal department management as necessary on financial areas.
* Knowledgeable of federal and other regulations.
* Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
* Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Alere Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
* Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the companys policies and practices.
* Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
* Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
BA/BS in business, accounting or related field.
PREFERRED EXPERIENTIAL BACKGROUND:
* Six to ten years experience in managing multiple functions of accounting and finance.
* Additional experience and skills in audit, cost accounting, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
* Solid computer skills utilizing Excel, Hyperion Financial Management, SAP and JD Edwards ERP system.