Assistant Controller 8/18/2016
Santa Barbara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Does the idea of working for a Santa Barbara County company appeal to you If so, then read on.
Does the idea of working for an organization dedicated to improve your respiratory system appeal to you If so, then read on.
Beacon Resources seeks an Assistant Controller to join a niche-leading Santa Barbara corporation. The hired Assistant Controller will own the process in various accounting areas (General Ledger, Payroll, Inventory, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Cost Accounting). There's plenty of professional growth opportunities for the accounting team, including access to the people you report to. The company also has good benefits, including an excellent Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP).
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER DUTIES
* Supervise the posting of all relevant journal entries for Inventory, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and General Ledger.
* Oversee month-end closes
* Handle all inventory, purchasing issues, production, sales, expenses, and liabilities
* Assist in preparation of balance sheet and P&L account analysis & reconciliations as it relates to inventory and manufacturing issues for executives and board members
* Sign checks
* Assist in all internal and external audits
* Assist in all compliance issues
* Give technical accounting advice to the senior accountants
* Other ad hoc duties as needed
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED)
* Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus
* At least seven (7) years of Corporate Accounting Experience
* Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) experience
* Strong technical accounting skills, acquired from a major public accounting firm
* Manufacturing industry experience
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER SKILLS (REQUIRED)
* Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
* Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
* Experience with a major ERP system such as Oracle, SAP, or JD Edwards
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.