Assistant Department Manager 8/26/2016
The HR SOURCE
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE HR SOURCE, a boutique staffing firm, is assisting a client in their search for a talented Assistant Department Manager for their healthcare organization.
Located in the Bay Area, the primary function of this role is to successfully manage the activity of the unit, monitor quality, service and utilization standards, while supervising the day to day shift activities.
Specific duties include
* Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement
* Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
* Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
* Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
* Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
* Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
* Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
* Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units.
* Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
To be considered, the incumbent should posses a demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting, knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission and other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Must be able to work in a labor/management partnership environment.
The ideal candidate will have Bachelors of Nursing as well as a current California RN license and a BLS certification. PALS certification is highly desirable and may be required to perform work in certain departments.